Massage Therapy in Waukee
We provide Swedish, deep tissue, prenatal, neuromuscular, and assisted stretching massage therapy.
Monday – Thursday: 12pm – 8pm
Friday: 8am – 4pm
Massage Therapy increases blood flow to tense and fatigued muscles and creates balance, relaxation, and normal muscle tone. Our office offers a variety of different techniques.
In our world of stress-filled lives, it is vital to our health that we manage that stress for optimal personal health. Massage Therapy Services at Waukee Wellness are geared towards releasing your body’s stress–whether from physical or mental sources.
Our trained massage therapists are available during both daytime and evening hours. It’s easy to schedule a 30, 60 or 90 minute massage. Just call (515) 978-6661 to set up your appointment. You do not need to be a patient at Waukee Wellness to utilize the Massage Therapy Services.
Types of Massage Therapy
These are but a few of the different types of modalities of massage therapy offered by the professionals in the office of Waukee Wellness & Chiropractic. Come in and talk to one of our therapists today to begin your journey towards a healthier, pain-free life.
- Swedish/relaxation – Gentle technique designed to provide a soft manipulation of muscles. This technique is often utilized to begin and end a massage as it warms up the muscles for some of the more rigorous techniques
- Deep Tissue – As the name implies, this technique aims to work deep inside the muscles and to muscle groups below the superficial groups. This technique can be a bit uncomfortable, but the effects are more than worth some slight and temporary discomfort!
- IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) featuring SASTM instruments effectively break down fascial restrictions and scar tissue. Adhesions within the soft tissue which may have developed as a result of surgery, immobilization, injury, repeated strain or other mechanisms, are broken down allowing full functional restoration to occur.
- Sports Massage – A technique which not only uses massage techniques, but also employs range-of-motion and stretching techniques. This is a very powerful modality and goes beyond your typical massage.
- Myofascial Release – Not your typical massage. This technique is slow and deliberate, uses a good measure of force and relies on friction to help break up the knots. This modality is usually performed with little to no lotion/oil/cream at the beginning of a massage, but aspects of the modality can be used throughout a session
- Prenatal massage – Massage during pregnancy. We will use different positioning to make you the most comfortable, depending on what trimester you are in. Strategic locating is done through initial palpation, rubbing, and then kneading, for a relaxing experience.